Thursday, June 25, 2009

"No one wants to be defeated."

Today, my idol died.
The King of Pop has passed.

Michael Jackson is gone.

Words cannot describe how completely devastated I am. He was the reason I continued dancing. I can remember blasting "Beat It" and "Thriller"
trying to imitate moves and praying that someday I would meet him.

Knowing that I never will really sucks.

It's still surreal.

My parents found my 7th grade "Thriller" talent show performance. One word:
Embarrassing.
I fully plan on burning them.

Put my little thirteen year old self in the cone of shame.
[For all of you that haven't seen UP, go see it now to get that reference.]

His poor family. His poor children.

What really pisses me off is the way he was taken advantage of. Just because he was a little strange does NOT mean he was a molester. He was abused as a child which explains his emotional and mental distress, but that does not make him an abuser himself.
People saw him as an opportunity to make money and it disturbs me.

Michael, thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us. You were taken away from us too early. You will always be my idol. I love you.

Back to my MJ dance fest. Yeah that's right. I can moonwalk. Damn, I'm good.

"You've been hit bym you've been struck by a smooth criminal."
<3

--Sami

No comments: